Wooden Teething Toys – Baby Teething Toys
For most babies getting their first teeth is a painful experience.
Baby teething toys, pacifiers and necklaces are often used to relief teething problems in babies.
The best teething toys for babies need to be safe and non toxic. What to look out for?
Wooden Teething Toys – Teething Toys Safety Tips
- Check the labels and make sure it doesn’t contain harmful chemicals like lead or Phtalates.
- Examine the surface if there are any hard or sharp edges. You don’t want to cause baby’s already painful gums to bruise or bleed or get infected. Avoid teething rings or toys that contain fluid. Baby’s chewing can cause rubber rings to leak.
- Materials like organic fabrics, untreated wooden teething rings or wooden toys painted with food grade paints are an excellent choice for baby teething toys.
- Teething babies will put anything in their mouth. Do not let your baby chew away on your car keys, pen or hair brush. Apart from being unhygienic there is always the danger of pieces breaking of and getting stuck in baby’s throat.
Good to know!
Most of the fluid containing teething rings are filled with distilled or steralized water. There is always a potential risk it contains dangerous bacteria compounds, pseudomonas aeruginosa and pseudomonas putida. For this reason The First Years Inc. had to recall half a million baby teethers in the past.
For many ages people have been looking for ways to ease baby’s pain. Three thousand year old Sumerian sandstone tablets tell us that the Egyptians were using teething rings made of coral.
Nowadays your choice of teething toys is limitless. Here is a list of the different types of teething products and where you can buy them.
Most teething pacifiers have a liquid filling that can be cooled in the fridge. Don’t freeze liquid filled pacifiers, they may burst if frozen.
Choose a quality teething pacifiers and check regular if they are not damaged. Replace pacifiers that are cracked, torn, sticky or have changed color.
Prefer orthodontically shaped pacifiers because the shape helps bones of the jaw grow properly.
Natural Teething Toys and Rings
Teething rings come in many different shapes and sizes. Prefer teething rings made of natural materials. Teething rings are better than teething bisquits or cookies. Chewing on sweet foods can cause early tooth decay.
Do not put teething rings in the dish washer. Simply wash them in warm soapy water if needed. If you want to tie the teething ring to the baby make sure the rope is no more than 6 to 8 inches to avoid strangulation.
Here Are A Few Cute Ideas For Baby Teething Toys.
Organic teething toys and baby teething blankets
What is “organic cotton“? Organic cotton is grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers.
Egyptian cotton is hand picked which guarantees the highest levels of purity.
It is also the world’s finest cotton because of the lenght and strength of it’s fiber, color absorbing qualities and a softness.
A teething necklace can be worn from the moment baby starts with the first signs of teething. These necklaces are extremely durable but too much contact with water can make the thread become brittle. Especially the baltic amber teething necklaces made of hard amber may bruise a baby’s delicate gums.
This is why we love the Mother Approved™ Organic Baby Teething Necklace
- It is a teething necklace for mom that meets all of the doctor recommended safety criteria
- It is made of soft yet durable BPA-free silicone rubber
- The 100% bendable and soft toy is easy for baby to hold,
- It is dishwasher friendly and can be frozen.
Check on my site: https://babyvenue.com/best-pack-and-play/