When Can Babies Eat Cheerios?
The growth and development of your baby depend on the type of diet you prefer for them. You need to use the right combination of nutrients and calories to help increase their natural growth. You have plenty ways to encourage your baby to eat a healthy and balanced diet.
There is an immense importance of balanced and nutritious diet. It ensures the consumption of a right amount of minerals and vitamins that are helpful for the optimal growth and progress of your child. A healthy and balanced diet not just keeps your baby motivated and energized but also support their aptitude to learn new things.
A Balanced Diet: What Does It Mean And Why Is It Necessary?
A balanced diet consists of a variety of food items that sometimes come in different combinations. However, if you are planning healthy eating for an infant, then you have to be very particular about making choices.
Child nutrition means that you should arrange baby's diet in such a way that he gets enough amount of nutrients during the first year. The nutrients include minerals, vitamins, calories, fat, and protein. The quantities of items may differ depending on the weight and growth of an infant. If the baby's growth is abnormal, then it may need you to try a special diet for him.
A regular check-up of your child is required to make sure that his growth is going smoothly. If your child's weight is not gaining, then you should consult a professional dietician or a caregiver. They can give proper advice regarding the diet combination for your child.
Thus, providing a healthy and nutritious diet to an infant every day is a bit challenging task. You should never feel worried if you fail to achieve your goal every day.
Which Solid Foods Should You Choose?
Apart from baby formula or breast milk, there are a variety of solid foods that you can include in your child's diet during each development stage.
- 4-to-6 months: At this stage, you should give single-grain cereals. Your baby needs iron at this stage, and fortified cereals are a rich source of iron.
- 6-to-8months: At this stage, you can give strained or pureed fruits such as prunes, apples, apricots, banana, etc. Soy-based or whole milk yogurt is also a good choice. In vegetables, you can give strained or pureed such as squash, potatoes, avocados, peas, etc.
- 8-to10-months: At this stage, you should give vegetables and mashed fruits. Other items include finger foods such as soft fruits (small pieces), tiny O-shaped cereals, cooked pasta, etc. This stage also includes dairy products such as any pasteurized cheese or little cottage cheese.
- 10-to-12months: At this stage, the baby gains the ability to chew and swallow the food items. They can eat most of the items as long as they are chopped and mashed appropriately.
When Should You Start Cheerios?
Many mothers seem puzzled about the selection of finger foods for their baby. They ask a common question--"when is the best time to start Cheerios for their baby?"
For many mothers especially busy housewives, Cheerios can become an excellent choice when it comes to baby finger foods. It is very easy to mush up this item effortlessly. For toddlers, it is very easy to hold and swallow this puffed piece.
It dissolves very quickly and tastes awesome. In fact, anyone can eat this nutritious item as a quick snack.
What Is Cheerios?
It is the brand name linked with different types of cold, soft, and ready-to-eat cereals. There are different flavors available in Cheerios. It is an excellent finger food that serves all the required nutrition to infants. Depending on its flavor, it may contain varying amounts of minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber to help support the proper growth of children.
Cheerios flavors include:
- Honey Nut.
- Banana Nut.
- Apple Cinnamon.
Almost all infants can enjoy a variety of foods during the age of 6-to-12 months. During this stage, you should start observing the growth of your baby. Is there any sign that shows your child is now capable of sitting up on a chair? Does your child bring his hands to mouth? You can verify these signs by observing the child's actions and movement.
For example, keep anything in front of your baby and watch if your child holds it and brings it towards the mouth.
Did you get positive signals to all the activities mentioned above? If yes, then stay assured that your baby is growing. Now, your child is capable of eating a broad range of finger foods such as cereals and grains. It includes soft bread, pasta, crackers, Cheerios, etc. Thus, you can prefer Cheerios when your child turns 9-months old.
During this stage, you should never try certain food items that are hard to chew and take many efforts to swallow. These food items include meat (big pieces), nuts, whole grapes, nut butter, etc. Don't try hard-to-chew or raw fruits and vegetables.
Signs That Tell Your Baby Is Ready For Cheerios:
- Sitting up on a chair.
- Holding a small object placed in front of them and bringing it towards the mouth.
- Showing a chewing like motions.
How To Serve Cheerios?
It is a great finger food that dissolves very quickly. Infants with no teeth can enjoy Cheerios without many efforts. However, to start with you should soak Cheerios in water or milk. It makes Cheerios extra soft and easy to chew.
- Don't let your baby play with the snack items.
- Don't let your child to eat Cheerios when playing or in a moving vehicle.
- Don't allow your child to hold and eat a handful of pieces, instead teach them to eat one piece at a time.
Patience plays the crucial role in everyone's life. So does your child. It is normal to see the signs of excitement in your child. However, it is also equally important to teach your child the value of patience.
Almost all parents feel excited when their baby starts self-feeding. It is your responsibility to teach your child the right methods of eating finger foods. As does the best private tutors care for their students, you should care for your child in the same manner during his developmental period. Early school education starts at home.
If you missed my post, get caught up below: