Everything You Should Know About The Best Baby Bottle Sterilizer If You Own One
You have bought a baby bottle sterilizer, and you just know a little bit about this machine. Don't worry, in this article; I will give you some helpful information to guide you use the machine in the right way to help it can work well in a long time. You know, if you know how to use the machine correctly, you totally can use it gain for your next babies.
There are three types of the best baby bottle sterilizer. They are Microwave Steam Sterilizer, Electric Steam Sterilizer, and Cold Water Sterilizer. They have different structures and the way to start sterilizing. However, they still have some same things in the sterilizing progress. Now, let’s figure out how they sterilize bottles.
Microwave Steam Sterilizer
This best baby bottle sterilizer uses a microwave to heat water inside the machine and the use amount of steam from it to sterilize bottles or nipples placing in the machine.
- Step1: First of all, you need to remove the rack from the machine. Most of the microwave steam sterilizer has a rack. This rack is made to keep steam can rise from the bottom of the machine to sterilize bottles and nipple which is being placed on it.
- Step 2: Add water inside after removing the rack. This water is used to sterilize bottle and nipples. However, you should pay attention amounting to water. Normally this amount is about 200ml, but some machine is depended on the manufacturer.
- Step 3: Leave the rack back to its place so that we can prepare for the next steps to sterilize baby bottles.
- Step 4:
- Place all bottles’ nipple on the rack, remember they have to be in the nipple slots.
- Place all caps in the caps slots like the nipple.
- Overturned the bottle and placed them on the nipple.
- Step 5: Place the cover on the machine and don’t forget to lock it before you start to sterilize.
- Step 6: Leave the machine on your microwave. The time of sterilization depends on the types of a microwave that you have:
- 800-watt-microwave: sterilize in 8 minutes.
- Between 850 and 1000 watts microwave: sterilize in 6 minutes.
- 1100-watt-microwave: sterilize in 4 minutes.
- Step 7: You need to wait about 3-5 minutes so that the sterilizer can cool down. This will be safer for you to remove it from the microwave.
Electric Steam Sterilizer
This best baby bottle sterilizer uses electric to boil water and sterilize everything inside by hot steam. This amount of hot steam can kill every bacteria living in the bottle and nipples.
- Step 1: Add water into the sterilizer. However, this amount of water depends on the manufacturer. Normally, the amount of water you need to add is about 200ml. You shouldn’t ignore this because if you add less water, the baby bottle cannot be sterilized, if you add more, water can be overflown.
- Step 2: Leave the bottles into the machine. Maximize number is six bottles in each machine. Don't try to place more if you don't want to clean all bottle in batches. Remember to upside-down all bottle when you place them in the machine.
- Step 3: Place the caps, nipples, and nipple rings inside the machine. You can leave them on the bottom of the bottles. Don't put too many inside, and they need space to be cleaner when the machine works and avoid touching each other that will cause broken ones. If the machine has low prongs, you can put one of caps/nipples between 2 prongs. This will keep them stand steady in the position.
- Step 4: Put the cover on the basin and then turn on the sterilizer. After turning on, the machine will start to sterilize everything inside in 10 minutes.
- Step 5:Take all bottles and nipples from the machine. You can dry them by a dry towel/dishes towel or just let them dry themselves.
Cold Water Sterilizer
This best baby bottle sterilizer uses water itself to sterilize all bottles and nipples inside. However, you need to prepare to sterilize tablet to make the sterilization progress work.
- Step 1: Take off the tray from the machine. This type of sterilizer is used similarly to the microwave steam machine. However, you don’t need to place bottles and nipples on the snack because this type of sterilizer uses water to sterilize bottle directly instead of using steam for sterilization progress.
- Step 2: Pour water inside. Don't like the two types of sterilizer above; this machine has a line so that you will know how much water is enough. And because this is Cold Water Sterilizer, so you need to pour cold water inside. If you don’t have cold water, you can put ice into the machine to make water cold after pouring water.
- Step 3: Put sterilizing solution or tablet into cold water. When you buy the sterilizing tablet/solution, you need to read the guide and make sure that they are made for sterilizing bottle, not anything else. Because these things are made for sterilizing bottles is safe for your baby.
- Step 4: Put nipples and bottles you want to sterilize into cold water. However, before starting to turn the machine on, you need to know that water can cover everything inside.
- Step 5: Put the tray back. This tray is made to keep everything below it and can be sterilized completely.Step 6:Keep everything submerged like this within 10 – 15 minutes. However, you still should read the instruction to know the exact time because the time is different from the different manufacturers.
Now you know how to use all types of the best baby bottle sterilizer and their tips when you use it. Try to remember and don’t forget to read the instruction of the manufacturer. They are really helpful for you to know the best time to sterilize things inside and store the machine correctly.
Guest posting by Donnie K. Miller founder of Vividbaby.com
If you missed my post, get caught up below: