Best Swaddle Blankets and Sleep Sacks for 2016 – Ratings and Reviews
This is a review of the best swaddle blankets for newborn and sleep sacks of 2016. To see our reviews of swaddling and receiving blankets.
When you have your first ever baby, it seems to be a crazy idea to wrap a baby tightly so he or she can't move right? But that's not true, for most experienced parents said their newborn baby sleeps better and cries less when he or she wraps in a swaddle.
Look at the baby sleep in beauty will help your mind rest a little bit peacefully. According to an online study about swaddle blanket, we recommend you to some of the best swaddle blankets out the market in 2016. Let take a look what are they like.
Top 5 Best Swaddle Blankets of 2016
HALO SleepSack 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket
If you have an active baby and move a lot when sleeping, HALO Sleep Sack wearable cotton blanket makes for your kid. It’s designed so your child can’t kick off the blanket and make sure he/she is warm and comfort in it all night long. Made from 100% cotton and baby friendly so your child won’t be overheat.
The zipper was designed inverted so it won’t hurt baby's chin and prevent he/she to unzip them and also makes diaper changes super easy. Flame resistant tested to meet U.S. children's safety standards.
Comes with various size (small to x-large) and colors so you have the option to choose from. This product is an excellent choice for hospital nurseries with the number is up to 1,250 hospital nurseries around the country. Your babies will be a cute little caterpillar in this blanket waiting to be a beautiful butterfly when they grew up.
A list of the main features of HALO Sleep Sack Wearable Blanket.
- Change loose blankets for better sleep.
- Commited as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- Inverted zipper for easy diaper changes.
- Machine washes with like colors.
- 100% Cotton.
- Commodious design allows room for kicking, but cannot be kicked off.
- Sleeveless design decrease the hazard of overheating.
You will have a peace of mind with the sleep sack. It kept the baby warm and cozy and was very well made. It was plenty "roomy" for baby to move legs all around inside the sack. It is light enough for summer, and will be perfect for winter with long pajamas. The fabric is soft, and product isn't too expensive. Recommended product to everyone with a little one!
Woombie Original Nursery Swaddling Blankets
This swaddle blanket made from 95% cotton and 5% spandex. It designs for average baby according to what they need. Comes with various sizes: newborn 5-13 pounds; big baby 14-19 lbs; and mega baby 20-25 lbs. This blanket recommends by doctors, nurses, doulas & countless moms and dads.
Two-way zipper helps moms and dads easy to swaddle their baby safely and more efficiently. The design allows your child softly stretch extremities as needed just like in the womb. The fabric with ECO technology allows your baby rest comfortably. This blanket helps your baby sleep better, and so do you.
- Smart shaped design helps swaddling approach more natural.
- Easy in cleaning.Very user-friendly with just one step.
- Commodious space for hip and shoulder moves.
- Easily detach your babies from the blanket.
- Encourages back sleeping.
- Gently cocoons baby’s arms keep hands away from face.
- Allow babies to hold and touch their hands inside the garment thanks to promotes self-soothing.
- Good stretchand comfortable fabric.
- Narrowed waistline create a gentle compression around the tummy.
- Can use in strollers and swings.Easily move arm and leg while sleeping.
- Light and breathable material.
- Easily change nappy thanks to 2-way zipper.
- A product of Certified Infant Care Specialist & Nursing team.
Overall the blanket just unbeatable even with the price or the quality, the best choice for you baby and ease your mind. Nothing is more pleasant than a sleep tight baby, so make sure you support it with this blanket.
Summer Infant SwaddleMe Adjustable Infant Wrap
It makes from 100% cotton; this product could help your infant, and you have a good night's sleep with the cozy, womb-like design to stop the startling that may wake up your baby in the middle of the evening which is the worst nightmare for parents.
Soft fabric wings fasten and adjustable securely with hook and loop attachments to make sure your baby will fit perfectly in it.
If you have a big baby, small baby or preemie, no worries, all sizes are available. Its large size can hold up to 20 lbs baby and up to 33 inches. Diaper changes can never be easier with Leg pouch opens.
Comes in 3 packages allows you to swap them while cleaning the others. SwaddleMe is being used by parents around the world because mommy/daddy knows what best for the little one.
When I list all the outstanding feature of this, you can be very excited.
- Prevent staring that can wake up your baby, so your baby’s sleep is improved.
- Soft material wings tight and adjustable, safely with hook and loop included to create a snug.
- Trappings slit fits most five-point trapping restraints.
- Small/Medium size intended up to 26 inch for infants 7-14 lbs.
- Large size designed for babies 14-20 lbs., up to 33 inch.
- 100% Cotton.
- Leg pouch opens for effortless nappy changes.
- Package: 3 in 1 package.
This is the best baby swaddle blanket, keeping your infant safe and secure. Help you and your baby have a better sleep. That is what this product made for, and it just simply does the best.
Aden + Anais Classic Swaddle 4 Count, High Seas
Breathable, versatile and soft as a mother’s touch is the best describe for this final wrap. With 100% cotton, light, and open waves allow your infant's temperature to regulate itself naturally to prevent overheating.
So your little one can stay cool in the summer.It gentle to your baby's skin and the more you wash, the softer it becomes. It's also very durable for everyday use. Easy to maintenance, machine washable and come with large 47’’x47’’ size.
Package come in four of the cute Aden + Anais Classic Muslin swaddle blankets, so you have your choice every day. Moreover, while using for stroller cover, nursing cover or burp cloth is also necessary - they surround your little one in comfy as mother’s arms.
Which features make this type of blanket special?
- Generous size for easy swaddling.
- Become softer after each wash.
- Use it as a stroller and nursing cover, changing pad cover, burp cloth, blanket and more.
- 100% cotton.
- Package: 4 in 1 package.
- Breathable fabric, prevent over heat.
- Helps prevent overheating.
- Soft, natural muslin that's gentle to the touch.
- Extra-large, generous size for easy swaddling.
These are the best baby swaddle blankets!!! They are big enough to swaddle your little one for many months yet fit easily into the diaper bag. You can even use them to play peek-a-boo, wipe up spit up (they're very absorbent), build "tents" and play on the floor.
Everyone has those loves them so much. They wash well (even with bleach) and get softer as you go. Can't say enough good things about them.
Miracle Blanket Swaddle, Natural Beige
As a parent,not having enough of sleep is a hassle. Understand that number one problem and try to resolve it, the Miracle Blanket Swaddle was born. Its fate is making your little one a happy, well-rested baby, as well as a well-rested mom and dad.
Made from 100% cotton to ensure your infant feels like in the womb.The design help to prevent babies from twitches may wake them up and scratch their face. It’s work just like a miracle. Miracle Blanket Swaddle has been a trusted product for thousands of moms and dads.
It helps their baby sleep much better also means moms and dads will have longer rest. It’s a gift for a good sleep. The only thing you'll have to worry about is which color to choose from thirteen colors available.I make sure that the features of Miracle Blanket Swaddle are in no way inferior to any high-quality type of blanket in the market.
Which features make this type of blanket special?
- It supports baby sleep better; not waking up in the middle of the night.
- Keep babies on their backs; the number one position recommended by doctors.
- Deny twitching and “starting” may wake up your baby.
- Prevents scratching baby face.
- Easier for breastfeeding – number one nutrition resource of your baby.
- Easy to use and hard to loosen.
- Made of 100%, perfect for any climate.
- Come only one size but can fit all baby up to 14 weeks.
- No buttons, straps, Velcro, knots, or zippers – No danger of your child accidentally swallows.
- Washing machine compilable, easy to clean and maintain.
Can't say enough good things about this product. It's simply the best! The babies are very comfortable and cozy and safe. The fabric keeps kids just warm without overheating.
If you've never seen one used before it looks a little complicated, just watch a quick video online, and you'll be a pro. It's very straightforward, especially after you've done it a few times! I would recommend this to a friend.
Frequently Asked Questions - Swaddle Blankets
What Is Swaddling?
Swaddling is wrapped your baby tightly in a blanket so that your baby can’t move or kick off the blankets to prevent them from scratching their face or startle effect may wake them up in the middle of the night.
The cocoon effect of the snug fitting blanket can resemble the mother’s womb and helps soothe your baby to sleep. It is nothing new, the fact that parents have been practicing this for over 4000 years.
Why Should You Swaddle Your Baby?
Study of baby sleeping behavior shows that baby is wrapped having a better sleep than non-swaddled ones. Swaddling not only keeps your child warm and comfortable but can also assist in a better longer sleep. It also prevents them from startling themselves awake or scratching their face. Once your child is having a good sleep so do the parents. Why shouldn’t you do it?
Most Popular Swaddling Blankets
We listed the five best choices for you above. Hopefully, you can find the perfect fit for your little one. These blankets are most recommended by parents around the globe with the quality, effectiveness and of course affordable cost.
What Do I Need To Swaddle My Baby?
You can do it originally with a standard blanket or used the designed swaddle wrap for your baby. Which is right for you comes down to personal preference? However, with an original square blanket, sometimes your little one kicks it off or getting loose over time. It may lead to waking up your baby which just you don’t want to.
How To Swaddle Your Baby With a Blanket?
- Place the blanket flat in a diamond position.
- Fold the top point of the diamond down towards you.
- Put your baby down, face up on the blanket with the head placing on the folded edge of the sheet. Make sure that your baby’s shoulders are below the fold.
- Stretch your baby’s right arm then wrap the left corner of the blanket over the body and tuck it under his left side.
- Pick up the sheet at the bottom and fold it loosely over baby’s legs.
- Straighten your baby’s left arm and wrap the right corner of the blanket over your baby's body and put it on the bottom.
- Check how tight is the swaddle. The idea is you still able to get at least two fingers between the baby’s chest and swaddle.
- Check to make sure that the hips can easily move. Make sure there is no sign of uncomfortable of your child.
It seems very complicated when you read the instructions above. However, it’s easy when you watch an example. You can easily find a tutorial video below.
Troubleshooting For Houdini Babies
You still can’t understand why your little one can escape the swaddle like a magician. Well, kids are smart, and there is something you need to check for a successful swaddle:
- Make sure the wrap is tight enough so your baby can move.
- Make sure both arms are straight so they can’t wiggle.
- Ensure you pull the blanket corners right around the baby.
- Make sure wrap you are using is not too small for your baby.
It will take tries to be a pro-swaddle but the more I practice the better I do.
What a Baby Should Wear When Being Swaddled?
It’s easy to forget that there are clothes underneath with the swaddle covering your whole child’s body.
Rule of thumb, count the swaddle as a layer of clothing. In summer it’s fine just to use thin clothes underneath the swaddle. In winter, anonesie, watch for any signs that your baby is cold or hot to put more or fewer clothes underneath the swaddle.
NEVER wear a hat for your infant while swaddling. It easily slips over your baby’s nose and mouth. Your child is tightened in the swaddle and unable to move a serious suffocation risk.
What Are The Risks Associated With Swaddling?
Besides the danger of wearing a hat while swaddling there are some other hazards, you need to be aware of.
The temperature: Swaddling can increase the risk of your baby overheating. Ensure your child is not too hot while being swaddled.
Free the hip: If a baby is wrapped too tightly then there is a risk of hip problems such as hip dysplasia. Your baby should still be able to bend his or her legs up and out.
Place your child on the back to sleep: Watch your baby sleep to be sure your little one does not roll over while swaddling.
Swaddling, when done correctly and safely, can be surprisingly effective at soothing your baby.
When To Stop Swaddling?
Many parents who notice that their baby is no longer happy to be wrapped as the grown. Most babies who like to swaddle will outgrow this need around 2 or 3 months of age. As this time, they begin to want to move and stretch their bodies out. Besides, parents can notice that their baby will start to roll.
Although many babies can roll over during the day before they can roll at night; this is still a good indicator that you may need to begin to wean the swaddle. There are many products on the market to help keep your baby sleeping safely while still providing that wrapped feel for your baby.
Swaddle is the best way to help your child sleep comfortably on the back and babies are sleeping longer when they are swaddling. No face scratching, no waking up in the middle of the night. Parents will have a peace of mind. Hopefully, you can find useful information after this section.
Please learn about the best swaddle blankets above and let us know your opinion. It’s may be the best thing happen to your little one.
Incoming Search Terms
- Best swaddle blankets.
- Best swaddling blankets.
- Best swaddle blanket.
- Best baby swaddle blankets.
- Best swaddling blanket.
- Best swaddle blankets reviews.
- Best baby swaddle blanket.
- Best blankets for swaddling.
- Best swaddle blankets for newborn.